The National WEP/GPO Repeal Task Force is hosting an Advocacy Summit in Washington where, in addition to being able to meet with your own legislators, you can connect with our repeal activists from across the country and hear directly from the legislators who are leading the effort for us in the Nation’s Capital. See video of last year’s great rally on our homepage: ssfairness.org
Join us this year! Our campaign is getting stronger!
Register with the link below, plan your lodging and transportation, make appointments with your Senators and Members of Congress, and JOIN US THERE!
Please complete the free registration process by clicking on the link below.
Please respond by: August 7, 2023
Attendees are responsible for costs incurred to attend the event. HOWEVER, since repeal will benefit millions of retirees, check with your unions and senior organizations to see if they will help you fund your trip to this dynamic event.
- A block of rooms is available at the Hyatt Place Washington DC/US Capitol. Rooms will go fast, so please make your reservations now by clicking here. Room rate is $249 + tax.
- If you fly in, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Arlington County, Virginia, is the airport closest to the event.
- If you come by train for the day, Union Station is walking distance (1.3 miles) from the Capitol.
Advocacy Summit Program
August 15, 2023: Virtual Zoom Summit Event Briefing (details upon registration)
Virtual training is available for attendees, providing effective strategies and tools to prepare for meetings with legislators.
September 12, 2023: Optional – The evening before. Make new connections with other repeal activists.
- Place: Meeting Room Lutheran Church of the Reformation Capitol Hill
- Time: 5:00-6:00 PM
September 13, 2023 –THE BIG DAY!
- 8:00-9:00 AM – Meet at the Lutheran Church of the Reformation and check in. Get last minute information. Plan to accompany other retirees to fill up your morning, if that works.
- 9:30-2:00 PM – Pre-arranged appointments and drop-in visits with your legislators. Call their D.C. Offices NOW to set up your meeting.
- 3:00-4:00 PM – Summit Event on the Capitol Grounds–Meet the sponsors of our legislation and hear why they are supporting repeal. Show your backing for them!
- 5:00-6:00 PM – Debrief at Lutheran Church of the Reformation. Share what you have learned during the day, and plan other connections.
We hope to see you there!